A friend of mine brought to my attention this NY Time article about the cost of the Iraq War. A Congressional panel stated that the war would cost taxpayers an estonishing $2 Trillion over its duration, and maybe even more depending on how long the war continues. What amazes me is how President Bush was able to run on the ticket of fiscal conservatism and his administration has produced the largest federal deficit in history, as well as the most expensive war in the history of our country. A war that, sad to say, may never result in a clear victory for the U.S. and our security. In my opinion the Iraq War will go down as one of the biggest miscalculations and disasters in history.
- How Trump Consultants Exploited the Facebook Data of Millions
- Data Firm Tied to Trump Campaign Talked Business With Russians
- Andrew McCabe, Fired F.B.I. Deputy, Is Said to Have Kept Memos on Trump
- Trump’s Tariffs Set Off Storm of Lobbying
- Escalating Attacks, Trump Denounces Mueller Team as Filled With Partisans